Monday, August 23, 2010

Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Grilled Sirloin

On a recent trip to my favorite grocery store, one of those well positioned end cap sales caught my eye. You know, the ones that self proclaimed savvy shoppers typically tune out. It was a nice display of assorted sauces,  which is one of those products, much to my dismay, that usually contains gluten. I decided to stop and check it out, hoping to find a surprise on the off chance that this manufacturer had wised up to the demand for minimally processed and gluten free products.

It just so happens that the items on display were part of 'Bronco Bob's' All Natural Sauce Collection, and not only were they discounted, but they were GLUTEN FREE! With home made looking packaging, and a wide range of colors, several of the delectable flavors tickled my fancy; Smoked Bacon Chipotle, Tangy Apricot Chipotle, Orange Ginger Grilling Sauce....it was hard to choose. Without a particular recipe in mind, I had a hard time figuring out what I was going to do with this sauce when I got home.

I decided on the Roasted Raspberry Chipotle because I was sure that no matter what I put it on, it was going to sound, and taste, delicious. Sure enough, I scored and marinated a Tri Tip Sirloin steak in the sauce. I proceeded to grill the steak and am happy to report that the enticing name didn't disappoint. This is now one of my favorite marinades, and it's extremely simple!

Of course, you can make a similar sauce, or rub, yourself, which I also have done, but some nights call for something a little less time consuming.

While this isn't really a recipe, per se, it is encouragement to experiment with your cooking. It's not hard at all. Pay attention to the end cap sales, and if it's a healthy item that's being promoted, grab one. Then get creative and find a way to use it.

Next time you're at the store or farmer's market, buy something different, (with food prude standards in mind of course), and get creative!

1 comment:

  1. I read this back to myself and realize just how much this sounds like a paid endorsement. Although, that would be nice, it's not. I have never been paid for the foods I suggest/review on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Are you a fellow Food Prude? Tell us your thoughts....

For Email Marketing you can trust